Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Supervises: A project controls sub consultant
Summary: The Project Controls Manager will plan, develop and coordinate project controls support services (staff, tools and procedures) to assist senior level staff and project partners on a large program. This position utilizes widely diversified knowledge of project controls activities, and draws upon extensive experience and exposure to various types of projects and clients.
Typical Duties (Major):
- Manage day to day direction of project control management services sub-consultant team; coordinate, assign and supervise project work activities.
- Manage quality assurance of all documents generated by project controls team.
- Engage and support project delivery options to implement the program; assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Provide enterprise wide administration and organizational support for project controls software and hardware.
- Develop, direct, coordinate, maintain and improve project controls systems.
- Develop, deliver and train staff to improve project controls tools, processes and procedures.
- Attend meetings to improve communication, planning, and reporting of program and project controls information to staff and partners.
- Thorough understanding of program projects and issues.
- Monitor consistency of approach and big picture objectives.
- Look for inconsistencies in the approach to implement the program goals and objectives.
- Manage timing of schedule and cost changes into P6 and direct what-if analysis to test alternatives and validate recommended options.
- Create statistical reports for management on a recurring or one-of-a-kind basis; keeps management fully informed.
- May be required to make informal or formal presentations.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Education, Training and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 12-15 years of related project controls experience, including experience in a supervisory capacity
- Basic engineering knowledge in infrastructure, civil, structural or a related field
- Proficient computer skills including experience in various software products used in the Project Controls Department, including Primavera, Excel, and document controls software.
- Proficient in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, specifically with complex, cost loaded schedules
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices is required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience on large, multi-million dollar public projects or jointly funded programs a plus
- Experience with government procurement and various project delivery methods a plus
- Working knowledge of SharePoint a plus
Certification or License:
Valid Texas Driver’s License.
Personal Computer and related peripherals, office equipment, and automobile.
Use of sight, hearing, speech, and hands is required for compilation and analysis of data. The ability to work odd hours and overtime when required.
Please apply to the right and submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.